Patch Notes 11.25
If you didn't catch our last patch notes, check them out here
Welcome. It’s snowy outside.
In this patch we have updated the performance of Tournaments for those of you who like to run really large events, and we continue our quest to hunt and slay all the bugs imaginable. Hurrah!
Tournament Override Flow
TourneyBot users who run large events have probably noticed performance issues when using the admin score and override command `/score`.
To start, the name of the command has been changed from `/score` to `/override` to more closely match its function. Next, we are planning to add an upgraded `/score` command to allow users and admins alike to easily score matches that have not yet been scored. This should help lazy veterans and new players report their scores more consistently and more easily.
Next, we have updated the code to be much faster when dealing with situations where admins are inputting a lot of scores via the commands instead of letting the players enter their own scores. This should result in a much faster response time.
Finally, we have upgraded how we handle crazy cases like when you are in the finals but for some reason you want to make the winner of the first match a different person which pretty much resets half the bracket. This doesn’t happen often, but it happens much more often than we thought. Because of our new awareness of these situations… we decided we should handle them more gracefully.
As a part of these changes, you should notice faster speeds in the bot overall while using the tournament feature. Let us know how it feels!
- Added `/team send_embed` command. This allows captains and creators to recreate their team management embed if it can’t be found and the team has not yet been deactivated.
- Added an exit survey for the sad case where you kick TourneyBot from your server. It's a quick two questions and as always your time and feedback is very appreciated.
- The default timeout for Team Join requests has been change from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
More bug fixes. You know how it be.
- We now handle the situation where admins have kicked everyone from the tournament except one player. We didn’t know that Tournaments have Conquest victory conditions, but I guess now we do.
- Fixed an issue where deleting team setups while events were running caused the events to be dead in the water.
- Updated the how we display a user to be more consistent throughout the bot.
- Fixed an issue where admins would sometimes get stuck in the tournament creation process.
- Fixed an issue where admins were able to create lobbies with longer than intended descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where we wouldn’t display an error to the user if they entered in invalid information for a team in the `/roster` command.
- Fixed an issue where `/log` was case sensitive.
- Fixed an issue where some admin messages were being sent to the wrong channels.
- Fixed an issue where admins could create a tournament and a lobby at the same time.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to `/team kick` a user.
- Fixed an issue where team captains and creators were able to accept more people than team size.
- Fixed an issue where overriding the final score caused the end tournament message to not appear.
“Don’t let them in, don’t let them see, be the good girl you always had to be!”